I was honored to support the Emerald City Comic Con this year by hosting a panel with seasoned storytellers Louie del Carmen and Jim Zub.
Louie is a legendary storyboard artist with credits on Rise Of The Guardians, The Croods, Kung Fu Panda, Kim Possible and Invader Zim to name a few.
Jim Zub is the creator of the Samurai Jack comic and his popular indie projects Skull Kickers and Makeshift Miracle.
Click through to hear them share professional insights about how to create an emotionally engaging experience through storytelling…
Industry Topics Covered:
- Behind the scenes of the How To Train Your Dragon animated series!
- Behind the scenes of the Samurai Jack comic!
- Jim’s process for pitching the Figment series at Disney – plus abandoned concepts!
- How to get a big studio on your side.
Indie Topics Covered:
- How to learn from awful movies.
- Which story ingredients are necessary to start writing?
- The value of brainstorming, world-building and backstory.
- How to practice storytelling.
- How to find the emotional core of your story.
- How to connect emotionally with your audience.
- How do you know if you have a good story in mind?
Jealousy Is Creative Poison by Jim Zub
Download our free digital book about creating compelling conflict!
What Do You Think?
Have you ever become lost during the process of writing a story?
I know I have…
How did you find your way out?