In this interview we talk about:
- How an Editor chooses an Illustrator.
- How to approach an Editor at a conference.
- How being an Editor helped Orli become a better writer.
- Why manuscript submissions get rejected.
- Why there are more opportunities in Kidlit now than ever before.
Listen to ‘Stories Unbound’ Episode 19:
Join Us On The Storytellers’ Summit:
Whether you write children’s books, screenplays or novels…
…or draw storyboards or comics: You are a storyteller.
…and every storyteller understands that turning our lofty thoughts into a finished work often feels like an uphill climb…
The Storytellers’ Summit – an online course at The Oatley Academy – will provide guidance from some of the entertainment industry’s best teachers.
We’ll help you master fundamental concepts like:
- Developing your protagonist
- Building a believable world
- Constructing a compelling plot
- Finding your voice
- Fighting writer’s block
Your story is waiting.
Join The Storytellers’ Summit today!
Happily Ever Afterlife (Shawna’s Affiliate Link)
Share Your Thoughts:
Today Orli helped us understand what it’s like to be an Editor at a major publishing house.
What did you learn about the Editor’s role that you didn’t know before?