Creative community is vital for kidlit illustrators and authors. In this episode, guest co-host Manelle Oliphant and I talk about:
- How to get the most helpful feedback from your Critique Group.
- Keeping criticism positive with the “Critique Sandwich” technique.
- Digital vs. physical meetups.
- How Critique Groups deepened our understanding of the children’s publishing industry.
- How your Critique Group can help you stay focused on your goals.
Listen to ‘Stories Unbound’ Episode 13:
What Do You Think?
For most professional artists, leaving college means leaving the security of their creative community.
Have you found ways to stay connected to other artists? If so, how?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!