It’s never been easy to become a professional artist, but most young artists make it way more difficult on themselves than it has to be.
Yesterday, I was a guest on Noah Bradley‘s Livestream and we covered what seemed like every hot topic that professional and pre-professional artists are facing today.
- Is a traditional, brick-and-mortar art school education worth the extremely high cost?
- How important is personal style?
- How do you grow your social media following?
- What about creative burnout?
- How do you know when a painting is done?
- Which creative discipline transcends skill level, struggles and personal goals?
- Why money doesn’t always matter.
- How to deal with parents who don’t support your art.
- Why most critiques are a waste of time and energy.
And, so, SO much more…
If you’re an artist who is trying to survive in this new, weird, unpredictable, inspiring, connected world, you will not want to miss this.
Here I’ve posted both audio and video versions of the interview.