Samantha Kallis is an Art Director at Dreamworks TV Animation Studio, and the illustrator of The Fantastic Frame chapter book series, written by Lin Oliver, Executive Director of SCBWI.
Join us today as we talk about:
- How Social Media (Tumblr and Twitter) landed Sam her first job in animation.
- Pros and Cons of having different art styles in Animation and Kidlit.
- How getting a job in Kidlit is different from Animation.
- Why every Kidlit creator should be on Twitter.
- How Sam became a Tumblr celebrity overnight – true story!
Listen to ‘Stories Unbound’ Episode 14:
The True Meaning Of Smekday by Adam Rex (Shawna’s Amazon Affiliate Link)
Frankenstein Takes The Cake by Adam Rex (Shawna’s Amazon Affiliate Link)
What Do You Think?
Many artists struggle with the idea of choosing their one career path. Today, Sam showed us it’s ok to try new things, even if you’ve been working in a certain industry for a while.
Have you ever changed gears after pursuing a specific artistic path?
Share your stories in the comments below!