This month, Sarah Marino (Color Supervisor at Nickelodeon), Jenn Ely (Production Designer for House Special, Visual Development Artist for Dreamworks) and I are teaching a new online workshop called First Flight: How To Create Your New Career In Visual Development.
I invited them both to join me here on The ArtCast to promote First Flight and talk about how they achieved such significant success in their animation careers…
Episode Highlights include:
- Turning fear into faith.
- Becoming more professional by de-emotionalizing your creative process.
- Why we stopped caring about job titles.
- How fear cost Jenn a a big opportunity (and why she’ll never make that mistake again).
- Why Sarah had to climb through a human hamster wheel. (That’s not a metaphor.)
- Inspiring gumball machines and the healing power of ice cream.
- Is a successful animation career worth the cost?