Three years ago, Darren Yeow, a successful, self-taught Concept Artist created The Nomad Art Satchel: a product we didn’t know we wanted, yet it changed the lives of artists around the globe. The bag’s unique tool storage system and thoughtful design made it possible to sketch anywhere. It’s simply the best art bag in the world.
Now, the Kickstarter for The Nomad’s successor, The Etchr Art Satchel, made over $200,000 within the first 24 hours of launch…
…and we’ve been recording the whole story, checking in with Darren since 2015…
In our first installment, Ânia Marcos – now a Producer on The ArtCast – and Darren discuss:
- Learning from every job you get, even if it’s a little sketchy.
- What makes The Nomad uniquely perfect for artists.
- Building an art career in spite of a late start.
- Mastering the skills you need to be a successful artist, without stepping foot in a classroom.
- When and why you should compare yourself with other artists.
- How to keep going when your plans fall apart…