So it’s safe to say that he appreciates digital tools and flashy Photoshop tricks as much as anyone.
But in the following interview, you’ll hear him say this:
“I get a lot of e-mails from beginners asking, “What Photoshop technique do I start with?” And I say: “Get a sketchbook and a pencil.”
I’ve never met a successful concept artist who feels like she has outgrown the basic fundamentals of anatomy, perspective, composition and color theory.
…but most aspiring concept artists get so focused on tech and techniques that they forget the fundamentals.
Three of the most inspiring art-gurus on the Internet – Noah Bradley, Matt Kohr, and Darren Yeow – join me for the epic conclusion of a three-part series designed to help artists gain attention in the fields of concept art and illustration…
Listen To The Episode:
- How to gain and maintain attention from art directors and fans.
- Six art workouts that will strengthen your fundamentals.
- Find the flaws in your paintings.
- Why great artists should inspire you to work harder, not give up.
- How developing your fundamentals will also boost your productivity.
- Matt & Noah’s art heroes.
- How to make more time for your art.
- What to do when you’re stuck on a painting.
“..one of the really exciting things about what we do is that there’s no real end to learning. You can always come back to the fundamentals over and over again. For me, it’s quite addictive.”
- Darren Yeow
Join The Conversation:
What are your favorite fundamental workouts?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!