Now, the Kickstarter for The Nomad’s successor, The Etchr Art Satchel, made over $200,000 within the first 24 hours of launch…
…and we’ve been recording the whole story, since the very beginning…
In our first installment, we checked in with Darren in 2015, shortly after the successful Kickstarter for the Nomad.
Now, in part two, we wrap up our 2015 interview and jump forward in time to February 2017, while Darren is preparing to launch the reinvented Etchr Art Satchel…
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is your idea worth?
- Why you should prepare before opportunity knocks.
- Is resilience a skill you can develop?
- Reducing stress and overwhelm during the launch of your Kickstarter.
- Balancing your Kickstarter project and freelance work.
- How to get investors for your business.
- How Darren future-proofed his career.
Listen To Part 2 Of ‘The Making Of The Best Art Bag In The World’:
In part three, we talk about:
- Why Darren wasn’t satisfied with the Nomad’s big success – and how he made it bigger…
- How to build collaborations that actually work.
- The surprising truth behind llama awesomeness.
- Marketing strategies for artists – that aren’t just numbers and research.
- Choosing the perfect name for your project.
- Creating genuine human connections through… memes?
Connect With Darren:
Connect With Ânia and Edge:
Theme Music by Storybook Steve
Recurring Musical Segments by Kangaralien
Outro Music by The Years
You only have one life to live…
Darren encourages all of us to try and do something we feel strongly about – and reassures us that it’s ok to be scared.
…And even in failure, there’s a lesson to be learned.
What’s the most important thing a failed project has ever taught you?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you so please, join the conversation on The Oatley Academy website!